WFLF offers members an opportunity to network with other writers and those who appreciate literature. Certain workshops are especially for members, and only member work is published in The Legend.
Why Join Us?
Why You Should Join West Florida Literary Federation:
Join our network of writers, artists and creative enthusiasts! We have something for everyone at every level. We support and encourage your writing goals.
- monthly meetings on the third Tuesday of every month where we share writing and have speakers
- weekly writing critique groups where members share feedback on work to enhance creativity
- member-written features in our monthly newsletter
- sharing writing opportunities and resources on social media. We have an outward facing Facebook page and Twitter Page. Here are the links to both:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/West-Florida-Literary-Federation-WFLF-255101747857712
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/wstfllitfed
As writers and artists, we never stop learning and developing our craft. WFLF shares free workshops and will offer workshops as needs and interest occurs. As a member, you gain access to these free or discounted resources. Read about our rich history and how we formed in 1986 - https://wflf.org/History.
We offer ongoing ways to help you be published as well as encourage you to seek traditional publication.
- Submit work to the Emerald Coast Review. Every other year since 1989, the WFLF has published the Emerald Coast Review (ECR), an anthology that showcases gulf coast Florida and Alabama regional writers and artists. Read more about the ECR on our website, https://wflf.org/ecr.
- Submit work, columns and features to our monthly newsletter to be published.
- Our website will have ongoing ways to be published and share your creativity.
- We can help you find resources (books, websites, workshops, cover artists, etc.) to further your self-publishing plans.
- WFLF offers engaging writing challenges and opportunities to share writing throughout the year in different ways.
- Past examples include a poem-a-day challenge and a Haiku challenge.
- The November 2020 poem-a-day challenge resulted in a published chapbook for one WFLF member.
You can learn more about these events and how we sponsor or host them from our website and monthly newsletter.
When we work together, we share our love of art and let our creative voices be heard! We all have different goals and skills, but we have that mutual respect and admiration for the craft. Let us know how we can help you share your talents and support you!
Leadership and Volunteer Opportunities
If you have great ideas and energy to share, make your voice known and volunteer to serve in a WFLF board member position or on a committee. The board consists of several elected members for two-year terms (president, vice president, treasurer, secretary, and three general members). The board typically meets once a month to discuss membership, education, networking, and other ways to enhance the organization. In addition, volunteers on committees are always in need, such as youth writing, biannual publications, workshops, grant-seeking opportunities, etc. Become a leader or mentor for other writers. Share your knowledge and experience to help other artists in our region. We welcome you.
Renewal memberships are due by January 1. One-year, two-year, student and couple memberships are available.
Student Membership: $15
One Year: $60
Student Membership: $15
New Member: $20*
*NEW members with no previous WFLF membership who join after November 1, 2021 can pay $20 and receive membership for 2021 and 2022.